What does acceptance look like to you? Maybe it doesn't mean accepting your reality and throwing in the towel; instead, it means accepting your circumstances and finding ways to keep doing and being better.
In this episode, we'll look at acceptance from a different perspective and in a way, you've probably never thought about before. So, keep listening because it might be time to view acceptance in a way that doesn't represent the traditional viewpoint. This episode is for you if you easily accept and succumb to your circumstances instead of embracing them to overcome and become a grateful warrior.
How do we get there? Well, let me show you.
Together we unpack:
- Acceptance and the serenity prayer (2:24)
- Looking at acceptance with a different perspective (2:44)
- A Hannibal pug puppy grumble story (3:30)
- The gap between where things currently are and where you believe they should be (7:39)
- Changing my perspective on my empty nest (9:27)
- Accepting Mamma Fortitude's death while grieving (11:40)
- Choosing to be a grumpy warrior or a grateful warrior (13:12)
- Having the drive to do and be better (13:56)
- Acceptance in terms of your situation (15:50)
I hope this episode helps you clarify more when you ask yourself, "Does this acceptance support the life I'm committed to creating?" If you're serious about stepping off the Gratitude Treadmill, it's time for you to decide the direction in your life. Your next step is to TAKE THIS FUN 2-MINUTE QUIZ and find out how much gratitude and grit you have.
Connect with Holly:
On the web - Fortitude.Academy
If today's episode resonated with you, be sure to hit the follow button where you are listening and also tap those 5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and leave a great review because it would mean so much to me to hang out with you every week and because it will also help to get this brand new podcast and our wonderful message out to more Grateful Warriors!
Thanks for tuning in to this episode and I'll see you next week!