27: My Breast Cancer Story
Today is a very special episode of the Grateful Warrior Podcast. I'm celebrating my breast cancer survivorversary, so I'm sharing my breast cancer story, the story behind the story, and the events I have never shared publicly. I will also share what it was really like to be engaged, gain a stepson and go through treatment simultaneously. Today is going to be a little more raw and a little more unplugged.
Together we unpack:
- Before my diagnosis (3:16)
- The morning I found my lump (4:50)
- Pushing for answers (5:30)
- Becoming a cancer patient, a fiancé, and a soon-to-be stepmother (7:28)
- Testing, waiting, and more waiting (9:56)
- To chemo or not to chemo (15:27)
- Becoming a coconut head (19:46)
- Navigating the emotions with life changes (24:21)
- Entering step-motherhood (27:35)
- Rock bottom brokenness (30:00)
- The end of radiation (35:28)
Breast cancer was my gift, and this is my story. What is your story? If you or someone you love is going through treatment or is a survivor, I'm here to be your gratitude coach and mentor on this journey with you.
Are you ready to learn a personality-based approach to gratitude to help you start and grow your practice based on your strengths and in a way that sticks from the inside out? If you're serious about stepping off the Gratitude Treadmill, it's time for you to decide the direction in your life. Your next step is to TAKE THIS FUN 2-MINUTE QUIZ and find out how much gratitude and grit you have.
Connect with Holly:
On the web - Fortitude.Academy
If today's episode resonated with you, be sure to hit the follow button where you are listening and also tap those 5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and leave a great review because it would mean so much to me to hang out with you every week and because it will also help to get this podcast and our wonderful message out to more Grateful Warriors!
Thanks for tuning in to this episode and I'll see you next week!