33: My Journey with Autoimmune Disease, Hashimoto's, and Chronic Fatigue
If you are struggling with autoimmune disease or some type of health challenge or chronic fatigue or pain, then today’s episode is for you because this is the story behind rock bottom number two and rock bottom number three. I’m sharing details that I have never shared publicly before.
What really happened when I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis. How the chronic fatigue was so bad that it not just affected my work but how I was forced to resign. Those events were definitely one train wreck after another, but this isn’t a woe is me story, and you will soon learn why.
Today’s going to be a little more raw and a little more unplugged. And you are going to be surprised by what I share at the end.
How do we get there? Well, let me show you.
Together we unpack:
- Picking up where my breast cancer journey left off (1:35)
- Receiving a Hashimoto's Thyroiditis diagnosis (2:18)
- Was I genetically predisposed to an autoimmune disease? (5:46)
- What my autoimmune disease/Hashimoto's ACTUALLY looked like (7:05)
- Don't do this when you are stressed (10:33)
- Mean girls at work - No accommodations for you! (12:24)
- The mental breakdown that led to spiritual peace (18:06)
- A turning point to help others (21:47)
Are you feeling alone and scared? I felt that way and don't want you to feel the same. There are tools to help you get to the other side, and I have a proven system that works. Your next step is to TAKE THIS FUN 2-MINUTE QUIZ and find out how much gratitude and grit you have.
Connect with Holly:
On the web - Fortitude.Academy
If today's episode resonated with you, be sure to hit the follow button where you are listening and also tap those 5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and leave a great review because it would mean so much to me to hang out with you every week and because it will also help to get this podcast and our wonderful message out to more Grateful Warriors!
Thanks for tuning in to this episode and I'll see you next week!